Now that winter is upon us we need to work on keeping our immune systems healthy. That way we are prepared and are able to ward off all those nasty viruses. Here are some Herbal tips to help you do that.
1) Try to eat a healthy diet full of fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins. Sugars and empty calories including corn syrup will lower your immune system. Stay away from processed foods!
2) Supplement your diet with Vitamin D. We get our Vitamin D from sunshine and in the winter it is pretty hard to do! Vitamin D keeps your immune system functioning and also helps with seasonal depression.
3) When symptoms of a cold start, gargle in cayenne. Take a quarter of a teaspoon of cayenne and add it to 1 cup of water. Keep it by your sink and gargle in it often.
4) Slice fresh garlic and adhere it to the bottom of your foot with a band aid. change it after 12 hours. Garlic has natural antiviral and antibiotic properties. If something stronger is required I make garlic syrup for any type of infection.
5) Get adjusted it helps keep your immune system stay strong and Dr. Collins sinus work gets those sinuses draining!
If your symptoms are not getting better I have many remedies to get you through the winter.
FlewAway: Supports immune function, removes harmful organisms and relieves discomfort.
Echinacea and Golden Seal Blend: Kicks up the Immune system.
Throat and Gland: Supports immune response and promotes lymphatic drainage.
S-Clear: Supports nasal and sinus health, controls histamine response function and relieves discomfort.
Garlic Syrup: For anti viral and antibiotic purposes.
Mullein Decoction: Expectorant and healing properties for all respiratory conditions safe for babies and children even with pneumonia.
We also have a range of ‘Essential oils to help as expectorants and antiseptics.
Essential oils are very effective with Respiratory symptoms.
Schedule an appointment today with our Master Herbalist and see how to gain help naturally!
Call Now at 763.785.1448