What We Do
What to Expect in our Office
When you enter our office you will be greeted in a warm friendly way. You will need to do paper work that can be printed by this web site or in our office. Then you will be put into a private Exam/Treatment room.
Dr. Collins will take your history and perform and examination to determine if chiropractic care can help you. If further testing is necessary, he will order them. Dr. Collins will help you understand your condition and explain your treatment plan to you. Remember, you can have better health and a better life through chiropractic care.
A Few Chiropractic Facts
- 85% of Americans will suffer incapacitating low back pain in their lifetime.
- 40% of Americans with back pain lasting more than two weeks will go to a chiropractor.
- 6.8% of the population suffers from back pain at any given time.
- Federal agencies now recommend chiropractic treatment over other forms of medical care for acute low back pain.
- Chiropractic is the second largest primary health care provider in the western world.
- Federal programs Medicare/Medicaid, Government Employees Hospital Association Benefit Plan and Postmasters Benefit Plan cover chiropractic.
- ” There is an overwhelming body of evidence indicating that chiropractic management of low-back pain is more cost-effective than medical management.” -Manga Report
Why Do I Feel This Way?
Nerve Damage occurs when the nerves are stretched, pinched, irritated, or damaged by injury or spinal misalignment.
Muscle Damage occur due to direct injury to the muscle, abnormal spinal movement, or changes to the nerves that control the muscles.
Tissue Damage occurs in the tendon, ligament, disc and surrounding tissue either by injury or as a progressive deterioration.
Spinal Wear & Tear takes place over a period of time and affects both the spine and the tissue around the spine.
Abnormal Motion Physical trauma such as improper lifting, car accidents, repetitive motions, and poor sleeping habits can cause spinal problems. Emotional stress and chemical imbalances are common culprits too.